– Ingredients –
– 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp (200 g/7 oz) cacao butter
– 1 ¼ cups (300 g/10.6 oz) passion fruit purée
– 3 Tbsp (22 g/0.8 oz) arrowroot
– 2 (12.3-oz) packages (697 g/24.6 oz) silken tofu, drained
– 1 ¼ cups plus 2 Tbsp (250 g/8.8 oz) Sucanat
– 1/8 tsp (0.8 g/0.03 oz) sea salt
– 1/2 tsp (2 g/0.07 oz) vanilla extract
– 1 pint (288 g/10 oz) fresh ripe strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced, for serving
– Method –
Place the cacao butter, passion fruit puree and arrowroot in a small pot and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the cocoa butter is melted and the mixture thickens slightly. Remove the pan from the heat.
Place the silken tofu, Sucanat, salt and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor. Add the hot cocoa butter mixture and process until smooth and creamy, about 1 ½ minutes. Divide the mousse among 8 parfait glasses or bowls and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Before serving, top each serving of mousse with sliced strawberries.